First things first, let’s talk about why it is important to celebrate your success as a small business owner. The main reason you should celebrate your success is that it breeds positivity in your mindset. To succeed in business, you must have a positive mindset. Your mentality and attitude about your business and your accomplishments are very important. A positive mindset will aid you in having a better outlook on your professional goals, business responsibilities, and daily operations of running a business.
Entrepreneurship can be lonely and isolating and when it comes to celebrating success, you may feel like there aren’t a lot of people who may be rooting for you. To that end, as entrepreneurs, it is important to have a network of like-minded professionals who are success-oriented and will not only drive you towards achieving that next big goal or milestone but will also celebrate it with you as well.
In case you happen to be a small business owner or entrepreneur, without a plan or strategy to help you celebrate your wins and leverage them, this article is for you.
Here are 5 effective ways to celebrate your success in business.
1. Publicize Your Success – Let everyone know that you have achieved a milestone in your business. You can use several different tools to bring publicity to your success including social media or sending out a newsletter or creating a press release. The bottom line is you must get the word out. Telling people about your success will give you an opportunity to be celebrated by others who wish you well. Not only that, telling others about your success may just inspire someone else to know they can do it too.
2. Start a Success Journal – Writing things down has many benefits. Keeping a journal has cathartic benefits for your mind, body, and spirit. Sometimes we can be so heavily weighed down by all of the responsibilities of running a business that we are drained. However, keeping a success journal helps us to have a place where we can reflect on all of the good days, accomplishments, and high points that make the journey well worth it. Having a success journal is a great way to remind yourself that you are talented and accomplished. Who doesn’t need a reminder of how great they are every now and then?
3. Take a Day Off – Need I say more? We all know that it’s important to take time off. Why not schedule one day during the week that you don’t work but you give yourself a mental health day or a self-care day? Don’t wait until the weekend to celebrate yourself with rest and rejuvenation. Give yourself that gift during the week on a random day. Celebrating your business success can also mean celebrating yourself with self-care. Don’t deny yourself of the restoration that you can enjoy simply by taking a day off.
4. Host a Party or Event – Hosting a party is a great way to celebrate the success of your business. After all, who doesn’t like a great party? For all of you who are going in a questioning tone, “host a party?!” – My emphatic answer is yes! Hosting a party a.k.a. celebration is a great way to celebrate your success. Of course, there can also be a secondary purpose for the party but it is quite acceptable to host a party simply to celebrate a goal or milestone achieved. For example, authors can host a book launch party, speakers can host a speaker series party, inventors can host a new invention party, and entrepreneurs can host business anniversary parties. These are just a few ideas for specific types of parties. However, the concept is to simply, throw a party and celebrate your success.
Now for those of you who are against hosting parties, no worries, host an event, any event. You can create an occasion to host any type of event you choose. The most important thing is to advertise the event and promote it so that people will show up. Coming up with a few ideas to promote your event is easy. There are sites like Eventbrite, where you can publicize your event and create a custom link to promote it. When it comes to ways you can promote your events, Eventbrite has you covered there too. And if you happen to be wondering about who’s going to foot the bill, you can always get a sponsor to pay for it. You know me, I’m always in favor of getting sponsors to partner with my firm on events. I’m a big proponent of getting sponsorship for events no matter if it’s virtual or in-person events. Not only that, you can tie in a local charity and request donations so that you can give a sizeable gift to a cause you care about.
5. Have a Special Sale – – Having a special sale is an economical way of acknowledging your success as well as positioning your business for future revenue. The sale is a way to provide your customers and clients with the incentive to buy something that perhaps they were only interested in before. The special sale may be used as a marketing tactic that provides a pricing incentive that will give your prospects and customers a reason to buy now as opposed to later. Your marketing angle can be as simple as, we are celebrating the “XYZ” milestone and passing the savings along to you, our valued customers. Don’t you see how having a special sale can benefit both you, your customers, and your target audience? Whether you host a sale online or in a physical storefront, the premise is the same, choose something to celebrate and offer your customers a discount or special rate if they buy now.
Now it’s time for you to plan your next celebratory strategy. What will you do to celebrate your success? By all means, don’t spend all your time working on your business that you never take a moment to breathe and realize what you have accomplished and how you can leverage it to create more momentum for yourself and your business.
REMEMBER, SUCCESS BREEDS MORE SUCCESS! (READ THAT AGAIN.)
Want to use this article for your blog or business website? Here’s the author’s box that you must include.
© 2022 Quality Media Consultant Group LLC – All Rights Reserved
This article was written by Lori A. Manns. President of Quality Media Consultant Group. Lori is a multi-award-winning marketing mentor, sales coach, and trailblazing business strategist who works with small business owners and entrepreneurs to help them grow and scale their businesses. She specializes in sales and marketing strategies that result in her clients attracting their target market, gaining brand visibility, and growing revenue. Lori is President of Quality Media Consultant Group, a consultancy firm specializing in media, advertising, marketing, and sales. She is the founder of the Trailblazer Business Academy. where advancing entrepreneurs go to learn growth strategies and how to run a profitable business the soulful way. Lori is also the creator of the Sponsorship Sales Secrets.